The One Button Studio is open as of November 30, 2015 and is located in 1 South of the Northwestern Library. It is free to use and can be reserved at: http://northwestern.libcal.com/booking/1button in half-hour intervals.
Remember to bring a USB drive to store your finished video!
- Reserve the One Button Studio in 1 South.
- Bring a USB drive with at least 500 MB free space.
- Place the USB drive in the Recording Computer’s USB drive. Lights and camera should come on.
- Hit the button to start recording.
- Say your piece.
- Hit the button to stop recording.
- Wait for the Recording Computer to render the video onto your USB drive. When it indicates that it is finished, remove your USB drive.
- You can edit your video on your computer or library computers using iMovie, QuickTime, Adobe Premiere, or Windows Movie Maker.
(Note: If you have a PowerPoint or other presentation, either load it onto the Presentation Computer or hook up your laptop to the Presentation Computer. Turn on the remote before using it to advance slides. Don’t forget to leave the remote on the desk when you leave.)
No need to adjust anything — leave the camera and lighting settings just as they are!