The SpeedGrader in Canvas has been updated as of June 19. The document viewer and annotation tools in Canvas SpeedGrader have a changed appearance and some changed functionality. Here are the main things you need to know:
- Cleaner, modern interface
- More color options for comments
- The ability to comment on any annotation
- Currently, annotated documents cannot be downloaded (this functionality should be coming soon).
- Comments can only be deleted by the comment creator.
- To delete highlight, free text, strikeout, free draw, and area annotations, you must:
- Select the annotation you wish to delete.
- Press the “Backspace” key on your keyboard.
- Click the “OK” button on the confirmation pop-up window that will appear near the top of the screen.
For additional information about these updates, review the Canvas DocViewer release notes.