Over the past few months, we all have seen loads of emails, a mountain of new websites, scads of Twitter threads, eons of Zoom calls, and piles of PDFs to support the move to remote instruction. Indeed, the energy and work of the learning community has been incredible, even as the amount of information to process can be overwhelming. At the start of summer quarter we wanted to remind you of a few key resources.
Growing your online instructional skills takes time. As you develop proficiency with Canvas and Zoom, keep advancing your knowledge of creating engaging online activities, building community with your students, and best practices for online instruction. The article How to Be a Better Online Teacher: Advice Guide from the Chronicle of Higher Education lays out specific advice for tackling a learning environment that may be new to you and your students.
Keep Teaching Website
This website consolidates resources from all over Northwestern. Providing information on tools, instructional design, accessibility, assessment and grading, inclusive teaching, and more, this website is a frequently updated hub for instructors.
24/7 Canvas and Zoom Support
Canvas and Zoom offer 24/7 live support for instructors and administrators.
- Canvas Support for Instructors and Admins – chat via Live Chat or call 1-833-879-0860
- Zoom Support for Instructors and Admins – chat via Live Chat, call 1-888-799-0125, or submit an email request to Zoom Support
- Chat with the Canvas Support Chatbot via the Help menu in Canvas (automated, 24/7 resource for all Canvas users) – Helps with enrollments, performs course file storage increases, creates prep sites, answers frequently asked questions, and escalates issues to the Northwestern IT Support Center
Share Support Info with Your Students
Students can directly access support for Canvas and Zoom 24/7.
- Canvas Support for Students – chat via Live Chat or call 1-855-680-0126
- Zoom Support for Students – chat via Live Chat, call 1-888-799-0125, or submit an email request to Zoom Support
Northwestern general technology support is available for all your technology needs. During the summer, you may contact the Northwestern IT Support Center by phone Monday through Friday between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m., or via email at any time, but email responses will be limited to business hours.
- Phone: 1-847-491-4357 (1-HELP)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for a consultation with the Teaching & Learning Technologies team to have an individualized conversation about your instructional or technology needs.